All programs traveling abroad under the auspices of the university (credit bearing, or non-credit bearing) are required to be registered with the Office of Education Abroad (OEA). Programs that are non-credit bearing, or programs that are credit bearing but have an on-credited travel component are typically categorized as a "registration program". These include (but are not limited to) international conference travel, student organizations traveling with a faculty leader, other group traveling under university funds, or with university support of any kind.
Please complete the online proposal at least two months prior to the program's departure.
Steps to Beginning a Program Proposal
- Review the OEA website resources for developing a short term program.
- Click the "Apply Now" button at the top of this brochure.
- Select the Term that is most applicable for your program. The pages that follow will provide instructions on how to complete your proposal.
- The system will ask you to complete an itinerary with dates and location.
- If your destination does not appear in the provided list, please select the closest available city. You will be able to provide a specific itinerary once in the portal.
- Approximate dates are ok at this stage. The OEA will update once you have submitted an itinerary.
- Click "Add to itinerary".
- Click "Apply".
- You will then be taken to your application home page and can begin completing tasks. We recommend beginning with the "Learning Content" section.
To return to your application at a later time please go to studyabroad.uncc.edu and utilize the login button in the top right corner of the page.
Credit Bearing Programs
If you are interested in developing a full-service program that offers academic credit please review the resources available on the Education Abroad website for faculty and staff.
Please contact the Assistant Director for Short Term Programs, in the Office of Education Abroad in order to discuss your program proposal.