Coming back from abroad doesn’t mark the end of your intercultural experience! Upon returning, there are many things you can do to stay involved at UNCC. While it may be the end of your journey, it is not the end of being an International Niner!
Some activities you may be interested in taking part of include:
- Re-Entry Party/Career Workshop – Share your stories from abroad, learn about how you can incorporate your study abroad experience onto your résumé, and receive helpful tips from a Career Center representative!
- International Photo Contest – As you have documented your experience, the photos you have taken can be entered into our annual photo contest. Come see where other International Niners’ travels have taken them. This contest is only in the spring.
- Interning at the Office of Education Abroad – This is a great opportunity to get valuable work experience for your résumé and continue your international experience while adjusting to life back in the U.S. Students in the past have been able to get academic credit for internships in our office.
- Become a Peer Advisor – Interact with students who are looking to go abroad and share stories about your experiences.
- Attend International Coffee Hour – Interact with international students over a cup of coffee, snacks, and games!
- Intern or Volunteer with the Office of International Programs – Check out upcoming programs or events that you may be interested in helping with.
- Volunteer in the ELTI – English Language Training Institute. Help students learn English and improve on their speaking abilities in the ELTI office.
- Volunteer in the ISSO – Volunteer in the International Students and Scholars Office.
- Cultural Friend Exchange – Make a new international friend who is currently studying abroad here.
- Orientation – Help out the ISSO with the international students’ orientation.
- Get involved with International Club – Partake in student organization activities with international students that the International Club hosts.
- Global Engagement Scholarship Program - The UNC Charlotte Global Engagement Scholars Program (GESP) is designed to enhance a student's global and cultural awareness through a mix of academic and co-curricular activities. Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to regsiter for the GESP. Discover more about the Global Engagement Scholars Program.