When your study abroad grades will be processed depends on the type of program in which you participated.
Exchange and Affiliate students: don’t forget to complete your advising agreement upon returning home!
Grades cannot be transferred back from your host university without this document being completed. If there are any discrepancies on your advising agreement, contact your academic advisor(s) as soon as you can.
That being said, grades will also not be processed until the OEA receives your transcript from abroad. Please keep in mind that it can take anywhere from 2-6 months, depending on your host university, upon completion of your program for us to receive your transcript from abroad.
It then takes up to 4 weeks upon receipt of your transcript for us to process your grades and send them to registrar.
As a reminder, if you have received a scholarship through the OEA, you will need to fulfill the necessary requirements before we will process your grades. This may include volunteering in the office, tabling in the Student Union, giving classroom presentations, assisting with the Study Abroad Fairs, and or other events held during the semester.
As long as these things are completed on time, we’ll get your grades processed and completed for you as soon as we can!
Faculty-led Summer students: After the OEA receives your program's grades from your faculty director, it takes up to 4 weeks for us to process your grades and send them to the registrar. Note that this does NOT mean that grades will be processed within 4 weeks of the completion of your program.
Important to Note:
- the OEA only converts and processes grades. We do NOT evaluate coursework or award grades or course credits. If you have questions or concerns regarding grades or credits received, please contact the appropriate host institution, faculty director, or academic department directly.
- if you owe any balance to the Office of Education Abroad, regardless of the type of program in which you participated, we will NOT process your grades until the full amount due is paid.
- as noted above, if you received a scholarship from the OEA, regardless of the type of program in which you participated, we will not process your grades until you have completed ALL of your scholarship requirements.
- the OEA does not have any involvement in the processing of grades for Faculty-Led Spring Break programs. If you have questions about your grades for your Faculty-led Spring Break program, please contact your program's faculty director.
- once the OEA has sent your grades to the Office of the Registrar, processing times vary depending on registar's timeframes. We cannot determine when grades will appear on your transcript.