- The OEA is currently accepting applications for the following terms and program types. Go to our How to Apply tab for more information if you are ready to apply:
- Spring 2020 and Calendar Year 2020 study abroad applications will open in April
- Spring Break 2020 study abroad applications will open in August
- If you are planning on going abroad Summer 2019, Fall 2019 or Spring 2020, then you are encouraged to apply for an OEA Scholarship! Check out our OEA Scholarships tab for more information on eligibility and application instructions. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2019!
- If you are planning on going abroad Summer 2019 or Fall 2019 and receive the federal pell grant, then you are highly encouraged to apply for the Benjamin Gilman international scholarship. Learn more about the scholarship, attend a scholarship workshop and explore the application process on our Gilman Scholarship tab here. The deadline to apply for a Gilman scholarship for Summer 2019 or Fall 2019 is March 5, 2019.
Study Abroad Alumni
- If you studied abroad as a UNC Charlotte student and you are graduating May 2019, don't forget to order a Study Abroad Graduation Sash by March 17th
Upcoming OEA Application Deadlines
|Term||Program Type||OEA Application Deadline|
(UNC Charlotte, ISEP & Statewide Exchanges)
* Some programs still available with an extended deadline!!
|Extended - February 25|
|Fall or Academic Year||March 1|
New to Study Abroad?
No problem. The OEA has a ton of resources on our website to assist students, parents, faculty, and staff through the whole process. We recommend two first steps: review our Getting Started tab and complete Study Abroad 101. This will give you an overview of the study abroad process, to include the research, pre-departure, while abroad, and upon return phases. You will also learn more about the different program types, how academic credit works, financial resources, and more. After researching your program options and making a list of questions, you're then welcome to get started with the application process. Remember, the best thing you can do is to plan in advance. We recommend starting the process 1 year before you intend to go abroad!
Meet 49ers Who Have Studied Abroad
The OEA manages a group of Study Abroad Peer Advisors, made up of UNC Charlotte students who have previously studied abroad and want to share their experiences with others. Learn more about our Peer Advisors and send them an email to learn more about their time abroad!